Furrow Brow - for John Deere and Kinze Planters Available for most John Deere and Kinze planters

Classifieds Home
Previous / Next

Apr 19, 2018 8:05 AM (2793 views)
Audubon, Iowa

Furrow Brow is a new product that I invented 10 years ago, but redesigned, refined, and sought patent protection on throughout the last 2 years. What they do is prevent buildup of damp soil on the depth gauge wheel, which is important to maintaining consistent planting depth and ride quality of the row unit. The latest design had a rigorous test in a too-wet 100 acre field in 2016 and performed marvelously for me. In the 2017 planting season, the product found it's way onto over 30 John Deere 1700 Series planters in 5 states, where the design proved its worth in many marginal planting situations. They mount on the existing bolt of the depth gauge wheel pivot arm on John Deere planters, which makes them simple to install. There are several gauge wheel "scrapers" on the market, but this product is different in that it never actually touches the tire, and therefore cannot damage or wear on the tire. You can see a video of the product in action by checking out https://www.facebook.com/travis.mullenger.7/videos/746582682264/ . The video was taken by my JD Service tech while he was out on a call and noticed the product. For 2018, the product will be used on planters in at least 16 states.

For 2018, the product line has expanded to include a version for 3000 Series Kinze planters, a 3-inch Brow for narrow gauge wheels on Deere planters, as well as going retro and providing additional versions for older (pre-1996) John Deere and 2000 Series Kinze planters. I am marketing the products through my own website, furrowbrow.com . You may also contact me, Doug Sorensen, for orders or inquiries. Price is per row, which means each $26 row kit includes brows for both the right and left sides.

Supplies are limited in 2018, but as of 5/1/18 there is still a good supply of Furrow Brows for late model planters, except for the new DeereBrow-300 which is for narrow (3 inch) gauge wheels (only 16 rows of these on hand). Supplies for the older Deere and Kinze planters is also running low... still have about 24 rows of each. If you would like to reserve a full set for 2018, or just a few rows to try them out, call or text me (Doug) at my cell number 712-250-4658.

For Sale
$26 USD
Furrow Brow, LLC
1428 170th St
Audubon, IA 50025

Doug Sorensen (inventor)
712-250-4658 (call or text)
[email protected]

(Delete all cookies set by this site)