AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pto reverser?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

260 AR
Posted 11/22/2016 19:56 (#5651061 - in reply to #5650097)
Subject: RE: Pto reverser?

SE SD
A couple thoughts for you. Found this pic of snow blower on craigs list. A Wildcat snowblower is one of the heaviest snowblowers made and they use a chain drive. My Allied-Buhler 1000 rpm snowblower uses a chain drive speed reducer in front of the fan to slow it down to about 500 rpm. iirc it has a double 80 roller chain enclosed in a oil bath housing. That snowblower is the only thing that uses all the horsepower my tw 35 puts out. They are rated at 171 hp. I think the key to making a chain take high horsepower is keeping it cool either with long length or oil bath. If you get it figured out, post your results. I am interested in a reverse pto gear box to mount a snowblower on the back of a tractor except mount the blower facing forward. We have a nearly half mile long driveway that seldom gets more than a foot of snow on it but i need to blow it off to prevent ridges and my neck can't take backing up that far anymore. They make inverted snowblowers but I haven't found one that is rated for the horsepower I will put through it. Good luck to you!

(snowblower chain drive.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments snowblower chain drive.jpg (51KB - 359 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)