AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glyphosate Damage Test Report?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 8/7/2006 23:26 (#33665 - in reply to #33624)
Subject: Insurance

Brazilton KS

Tim, you are exaclty right saying that it is an insurance program and nothing else.  I agree that it is too expensive but there seem to be a significant population who see it differently.  Makes me wonder how they manage to screw up so much that they have enough failures to make it pay. 

I also agree with the "more is better" theory on glyphosate rates, at least when comparing today to the days of $10 per lb ai.  I don't want to have to redo any burndown.  I have made the mistake of subsitituting cheap glyphosate for 2,4-D in the burndown, however, and learned my lesson there.  Glyphosate just isn't good on certain broadleaf species, no matter what.   There are more efficient products on the market for those weeds. 

I'm just tickled to have glyphosate off-patent and have them finding other ways to increase the cost of growing RR....ones which have no relevance to our non-gmo notill costs.   

I guess I failed to state my credentials.  They are the same as yours, up to part where you have 4 EPA inspections per year...I don't want or need that.  I have no custom experience but about 25 years of doing all or most of our spraying. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)