AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CMC pressure cure bins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SE ND
Posted 8/6/2006 01:44 (#33093 - in reply to #32080)
Subject: RE: CMC pressure cure bins

They work, I have two of their bins. The big thing is to match fans with grain depth to get enough air movement. We usually put 23 to 25 per cent corn in them and leave the fans run for a month. They have to run long enough for the moisture front to blow through. We used to screen the corn to get the fines out to help with the air movement, now we work on setting the combine better. The screener slowed us up to much.
CMC uses a high speed centrifugal fan, but the low speed centrifugal fans do the same job for us also. I have 4 of those bins and they work well.

The reason some people have problems is that they add supplemental heat to an aireation fan and that causes to much of a moisture front and you can't get the air flow. The same problem we had with the old circle flow type bin dryers when you put in too great of corn depth.

For us it takes a month to blow the moisture front through (when you finally walk in the grain and sink to your knees) and it doesn't seem to matter if it's 18% or 23%. So we start combining when the corn is wetter. We are on a "off peak electric rate" and my electric drying cost was 7 cents a bushel last year. We're in an expanding corn area and there are alot of big operaters putting in air bins.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)