AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rain & Wind
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 8/3/2006 01:31 (#32172 - in reply to #31947)
Subject: RE: Rain & Wind

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Photo of Pioneer 34A16 that was planted April 14. From the top of the bin, one should be looking up the rows.

Photo of Great Lakes 5961 BT/RR should be looking at end rows and looking west up the rows.

Photo north of my place. Saw the dual tracks in my neighbor's field (looking past his grove). Compacted tracks seem to be standing better. Question is whether it was better before the storm, or worse corn and thus less solid stalk to pry the roots out.

Photo of where I live from up on Dad's (Stanley's) bin site. Note test plot has strips.

First observations are that corn growing in the loose strip till tipped over bad if it was a hybrid with questionable roots. Hybrid differences were evident. Off the strip till strip, the corn is standing better, but the corn doesn't look as good due to poorer stand and possibly poorer ear development.

East of my house I have Aztec treated corn stripped with triple stack and no Aztec. The Aztec might have been on a better rooted hybrid and seems to be standing better.

Can't find my plot stakes real easy but think that I have conventional root corn that is standing better than the triple stack (YGCB, YGCRW, RR2).

Edited by notilltom 8/3/2006 01:52

(Pioneer 34A16 from bin top_8_3_1.JPG)

(GL 5961BtRR East West_5_3_1.JPG)

(Dual tracks in neighor field_3_3_1.JPG)

(Tom's from Bin Top_16_3_1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Pioneer 34A16 from bin top_8_3_1.JPG (102KB - 349 downloads)
Attachments GL 5961BtRR East West_5_3_1.JPG (64KB - 360 downloads)
Attachments Dual tracks in neighor field_3_3_1.JPG (73KB - 356 downloads)
Attachments Tom's from Bin Top_16_3_1.JPG (76KB - 359 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)