AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Were you happy with your RR corn programs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 8/2/2006 23:33 (#32145 - in reply to #31790)
Subject: Re: Were you happy with your RR corn programs?

Oliver, we haven't planted any RR corn till this, & then on a trial basis where we planted 15" rows, because of the additional cost to control volunteer rr corn next year in rr beans plus the woory about weed resistantance.

Where we did use rr corn this year was on ground that we will be putting down a fall treatment for winter annuals that does, or should I say is suppose to, control volunteer rr corn.

As fpr the weed resistance, like my son says, we are only fooling ourselves in thinking we are helping control weed resistance when 4 out of 5 of our neighbors are planting 100% RR corn.

I had a long discussion with our chemical dealer a couple days ago & I am in agrreement with him that the future of RR corn is going to be one where conventional herbicides with residual will be applied preemerge or at spike then gylsophate will be used as a follow up spray to clean the fields up. Problem is, we're going to be right back into the scenario of high priced herbicide costs in addition to the tech fees. :~((

My future plans for rr corn will be where I have corn going back to corn to help control volunteer corn from the first year. Currently,I am not even sure that is a big enough problem to warrant using rr corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)