AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finially Done with Second Crop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Boomer
Posted 8/2/2006 18:04 (#32028 - in reply to #32003)
Subject: Re: Finially Done with Second Crop

Its still done about the same. The only BIG thing that has changed much here is the switching over to big bales from the three stringers. Most three string bales are about 125-140 lbs. The only reason I made some lightweight bales was for the feed store markett. I really hate raking hay, I would rather leave the windrows untuched and let them lay a day or two longer then to disturb them, knocking off leaves and fluffing them up to be scattered with the wind. Most times raking two into one makes for too big of a windrow to get throu a small three string baler, its fine and offen done when using a big baler tho. As far as the stacking goes now its all done in "squeeze blocks" no more "boom on loads". A good opperator and a moderen stackcruiser can easley stack 3000 bales a day if the stackyard isnt too far away from the feilds. The nights we bale with two or more balers in the same feild the harobed is in the feild at the same time, really helps speed things up when you can get the out-round bales picked up and out of your way...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)