AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My own 70mph crop tour....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

My experience
Posted 8/2/2006 17:59 (#32025 - in reply to #31709)
Subject: RE: My own walking crop tour....

Sat morning I got home from vacation, and scanned the crops for the 3 miles of gravel. Went past one of our 80's and home place, and felt a little pride that they looked very good vrs some others along the road. Then Sat/Sun the heat/wind and could see the downhill slide, but still not bad. Monday being the first of the month required a meter reading from well in back of field. Once off the edge/end rows, the disapointment began. Came back very sorry. Beans alongside looked very good yet. 1.8" rain last night. There will be much damage even with the rain, but things will stop going downhill, and beans will love this drink. This is good ground, 4000 gal hog M injected last fall, RR CRW seed, perfect clean. Next is to look in some of these other fields that showed stress a week ago. Yes, we have 240 acres west of us in the I29 Big Sioux valley that only had 3 tenths last night. Think I will just not go there until harvest.

What I am saying, in a kind way, is that with the weather this year putting the pressure on the crop, a windshield tour is worthless. Unless it is walked, there will be many people shocked come fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)