AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rr corn in beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/31/2006 22:12 (#31595 - in reply to #31544)
Subject: Re: rr corn in beans

I am seeing more & more of this in our fields as well as neighbors. This is in bean fields that never have had rr corn planted in them and are not company specific.

4 or 5 years ago I had 75 acres of conventional corn killed by our co op with roundup. Never got an official explanation but most likely the roundup came from rinse water that was put in the bulk truck by mistake. besides our 75 acres there was another 300 acres killed . Why I bring this up is that there were individual plants that survived. From where we started planting & to where we finished the number of live plants gradually increased. The first 25 acres there weren't any live plants but by the last 10 acres they were quite a few. Only explanation was that there was roundup resistant kernals scattered thru the seed & evidently were of different weight than the other seeds. IHboog was working for a local seed company at the time (not their seed) and they estimated the contamination would have been over 5% at harvest. This was at a time when the two elevators we do business with would not accept rr corn. Thi corn would have went into a bin which would have been contaminated. :~(
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)