AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation Guys, please provide some experience....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 7/12/2006 13:40 (#25881 - in reply to #25765)
Subject: Re: Irrigation Guys, please provide some experience....

Most irrigation systems at least in my area anyways are set up with a chemigaion valve which is basiclly a check valve right past the pump this keeps anything water, fertilizer, or chemical from going back down the well, so as long as the fertilizer is injected past this valve there is no chance of ground water containmation. Also if you are running and electric system the injecto meter will stop as soon as the pump stop provided you have it wired correctly. As far as fertilizer on the pivots I am renting this year I am putting on 75% of the fertilzer through the irrigator, much easer to apply that way, and the corn seems to respond to it quicker that way, the ground is real sandy here and if you apply much fertilizer up front and get a hard rain the fertilizer is moved to deep in the soil profile to do any good. I have fertilizer my corn 3 times already and will be doing the last pass this weekend which is right between tassel and silk I have been told once the silks turn brown it is to late for fertilizer. Dennis SEND

Edited by Dennis SEND 7/12/2006 13:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)