AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LDP screwup: need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 6/28/2006 23:18 (#22669 - in reply to #22616)
Subject: Re: LDP screwup: need help

Grand Rapids, MI
Wow...I think the OP knows that he or she screwed up! And I am not sure he or she is asking for the rules to be changed just for this case. It is not unusual though for the FSA to not know exactly what the rules are, or to have different office interpret them differently. This is one reason there is an appeal process. I have used it several times, and the majority of the times it has come out in my favor. This is because I know the rules as well or better on that specific subject by the time I appeal than the county office probably does.

Regarding retaining ownership to collect LDP's this is not true. If a CCC-709, or the first page of the CCC-633EZ is filed, then grain delivered from the field (or in a few cases directly after being dried from an on-farm setup) to a buyer is elgible for the LDP available on the day of delivery. The thing is it appears the LDP has to be applied for prior to the last day to loan the crop (In this case May 31 for corn)

I didn't read that the OP was trying not to take responsibility for his mistake, but with as byzantine as some of the FSA rules are, I think he or she is doing the prudent thing to check if all options are exaused.

Unfortunately in this case, the odds look pretty good that there will not be a LDP recieved on these bushels. I have no idea what the circumstances are behind the LDP not being applied for timely, but boy I can sure empathize with the pain of the OP. I guess I would hope that more here would offer whatever help or kind words they could, rather than telling somebody how they screwed up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)