AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

steadfast atz
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/9/2006 16:52 (#18243 - in reply to #17359)
Subject: Re: steadfast atz

cropsey, il 61731
I had problems with steadfast last year (steadfast/attrex/clarity). We had no rain and it didn't work very well. We also had a field where I forgot to add the COC and it really didn't work in that field (I'm not sure what happened but I won't make that mistake again). This year we went back to Degree Xtra (it was $15/acre this year) preplant and callisto post and added some steadfast where the degree wasn't so good (mainly washed out areas). For my weed spectrum I don't think I can get away with a total post program in corn anymore (it worked great for 2 years though).

The best thing is to not hope it will work eventually, if it doesn't start turning brown, it won't. The dupont folks will want you to let the corn get taller and spray accent with drops. Accent usually works pretty good to clean up grasses, but it must be very difficult to make because it's always expensive ;-) I'm not sure what other options you have unless the corn is liberty link (many pioneer hybrids are now - if you get herculex, you get liberty, it might be the same with other seed companies as well)

Hope this helps,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)