AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will diquat kill White Mulberry tree roots?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tiffalea9
Posted 7/1/2024 08:31 (#10794307)
Subject: Will diquat kill White Mulberry tree roots?

This weekend i dug into some my beds and removed big chunks of the roots from a massive mulberry tree. On the spots that i cut off, i put on what i thought was glyphosate concentrate. However after the hours of work, i realized i used the wrong stuff and it didnt have any glyphosate or triclopyr in it. Instead it was diquat and some other additives (Ortho ground clear super concentrate). I used it completely undiluted. What i am wondering is if i just totally wasted my time and will need to redo it all or if the ground clear will at least kill off the cut roots that i put it on?

FYI I know that this is a very short term solution and the tree will continue to invade until it is completely cut down and painted with a hard core stump killer. I just dont have the money to pay the inflated prices i have been quoted so far. In the mean time i am climbing the tree and cutting off limbs that i can reach. (unfortunately i stupidly forgot to put any chemicals on the ones i cut last spring, so of course it just laughed and shot out 5 new branches)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)