AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Severe N deficiency at v5 corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 7/1/2024 07:56 (#10794269 - in reply to #10794007)
Subject: RE: Severe N deficiency at v5 corn

Hennepin, IL
Had a similar issue last year and I guess it really depends on what you think happened to the 80 units you already put down. Doubt even being COC that residue tied up 80 units tight enough to stunt V5 corn. That small just flat doesn't take much N. So that means it either gassed off shortly after application (if it was UAN, you still would have 40 units there regardless), too much water leached it out, or in my case last year, had a rain to take it in but then nothing for weeks. Figured most of the 100 units I had on was sitting a bit below the surface in dry dirt. If it's the 3rd option, not a lot will help til you get a rain, unless you can get a sidedress bar deep enough to get it to moisture. If it's too wet, idk how I'd feel about broadcasting Urea onto moist soil unless you'll get a rain very shortly. Another thing is to verify it's actually N deficient and not S or Zn. All 3 will look similar from the highway. Sometimes if S deficiency is bad enough it will be tough to tell from N.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)