AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What product was sold to let water go through soil? Amsol??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/1/2024 07:22 (#10794222 - in reply to #10793323)
Subject: RE: Amway use to sell a product

West Union, Illinois

boog - Amway use to sell a product that was suppose to make "water wetter"
APSA 80 was a very good product for some applications. (I actually became an Amway dealer just to get a better price, but let's not get side tracked by that.)

Making water wetter was a quick explanation for decreasing surface tension. Theoretically it could improve water flow in the soil.  And every once in a while it probably does.  But the main increase in flow is the product through the dealer's hands.

BUT in spraying it can make a big difference. Instead of DROPS you have droplets.  It lets the solution get through leaf hairs to make better contact.  And when it makes contact the solution spreads across the leaf surface instead of beading up, getting in better contact with the surface improving absorption. 

Kind of like putting Rainex in your windshield washer tank.

Back in the pre-Roundup days we had a lot of trouble with ragweeds in some fields. Whatever chemical we were using was hit and miss.  (I think is was Basagran but it's been 30+ years ago) But add APSA 80 and effectiveness was drastically improved ... well, sort of.  We were in 30" rows and for every ragweed you killed 4 new ones came to the funeral.

In my spot spraying (about all I do anymore) I always add a couple squirts of dish soap.  Generally it's the cheapest Dollar General has.  Oh, unless you know you're spraying a leaf with a waxy surface. If that is a known problem spend a little more and get Dawn Platinum.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)