AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DC4020
Posted 6/28/2024 20:13 (#10791337 - in reply to #10790000)
Subject: RE: Irrigation ?

Central Ga
You can buy the Reel rain for less than 20K….does that include a pump and enough pipe to do what you need? If you have 15 inch corn I would assume it was planted late. If it’s burned up 15 inch corn all the water in the world is probably not going to help. The cotton on the other hand could benefit tremendously. Others here have suggested used pivots and that is fine for down the road. I read your post and understood that you are looking for something to salvage part of this year’s crop. You probably don’t have time to locate a pivot and have it installed. With a portable system you can likely be pumping water before the weekend is out if you have everything you need.

Ten years or so ago I spent 40K and bought a new Rainbow soft hose traveler and a new pumping unit to use on a 54 acre rented farm. I bought new because it is what was available. It was a little later than this in the year and the cotton was in terrible shape. Long story short I started hammering on it and made about 900 lbs. Most of the dryland in the area, mine included, made about 300. I figure I generated $500 an acre more In revenue, minus labor and pumping costs. I paid for well over half the cost of those two pieces with that crop alone. I spent nearly 800 an acre on equipment. Sounds like you can likely do it for a lot less. Unless you have good insurance coverage I suggest getting busy pumping!!!

Edited by DC4020 6/28/2024 20:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)