AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your ideal way of determining where to apply crop nutrients?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

shevy
Posted 6/28/2024 08:52 (#10790490)
Subject: What is your ideal way of determining where to apply crop nutrients?

West Central Mo
I am a young guy who has learned a lot by reading AgTalk. For the past several years, I've been experimenting with different methods to build variable rate fertility maps. I think I've read most of what Agtalk has to offer on this subject, and thinking about these different approaches has made me wonder how the limitations of being practical and scalable affect what is feasibly possible.

I thought I'd throw out this hypothetical question:

Let's say you have a piece of land you know nothing about. Your task is to create the most accurate and profitable crop nutrient recommendations going forward. You will be farming this field for the next 15 years. You have access to any kind of data you want and an unlimited budget and time. There are no software limitations, and you can execute any process you want.

What would be your process?

Edit to add. I think I should give a little more context. I am trying to design an independent fertility management plan that I would provide as a service. This plan would mainly be geared towards writing fertilizer recommendations. I'm looking for a discussion on how things like soil data, management zones, yield data, field elevation, etc should impact a fertilizer recommendation. The unlimited budget would be for creating the recommendation to best apply a farms normal input dollars.

Edited by shevy 6/28/2024 13:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)