AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soybean pre emerge damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

vesk32
Posted 6/27/2024 07:39 (#10789042)
Subject: soybean pre emerge damage

Soybean pre we used compensa (authority assist) at 6oz rate. Have soil Ph 7.5-7.8. Our soybeans seem to be stunted and yellowing. On no-till ground seems to be worse. The fall minimum till, they seem to be growing, just not bushing out. They look as though they have iron chlorosis. Some areas of the field look fine and others look like death. Soil type is very noticeable in areas. Compaction (sprayer and seeder tracks) areas are greener and in better shape. Root hairs are bright white, and nodules are present. Foxtail is still struggling to get out of the ground with the pursuit. They are short, burnt tips, weak rooted.
The reason I know it is a herbicide application is because where we sprayed antares prime and sulfentrazone on some and no damage is detected.
My main question is, is this a pursuit issue. Can pursuit antagonize iron chlorosis? Or suppress the root zone so much that it doesn't allow soybean to put enough acid in the ground. Could it be the generic herbicide problem. Know a guy that sprayed Willowood vs this Sharda product with no problems same time. So far I haven't got any answers from anyone at the university agronomist.

Will they grow out of this? Should a foliar application be applied?

(soybean damage (full).jpg)

(soybean damage 1 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments soybean damage (full).jpg (218KB - 46 downloads)
Attachments soybean damage 1 (full).jpg (418KB - 50 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)