AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying fungicide with drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bhrfarms
Posted 6/23/2024 14:28 (#10784653 - in reply to #10784492)
Subject: RE: Spraying fungicide with drone

Northeast Indiana
I've seen plenty of Deere sprayers running over corn while spraying late season fungicide all while using auto steer. Our 2021 Hagie, even with row feelers, runs over much more corn than I do by steering by hand, so all of our custom work (and our own) I steer by hand due to the fact I want to do as good of a job as I would do on my own. Now maybe if I ran 8mph the row feelers would do just fine, but at that speed we wouldn't ever be able to get all of the acres covered. I will say on that era of Hagies, the suspension and the booms cause the machine to sway enough, that the auto steer doesn't do nearly as good of a job as the Deere sprayer we used to have. Maybe the newest versions with the Deere suspension do a better job, but ours doesn't. One of our customers used to have a guy with the same sprayer as you (also with the same lift kit) do their fungicide application. His complaint was all of the corn that the sprayer ran down while going across the field on the normal passes.

Edit: One thing that I noticed on our Hagie with stock wheel spacing was that if I ran over corn, it was almost always a row that the machine straddled and never a row outside of the wheels. So I move our track spacing out a few inches and run over even less now. I assume its bc the Hagie wheels/legs have a decent amount of camber.

Edited by Bhrfarms 6/23/2024 14:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)