AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Entry level strip till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

welfarehill
Posted 6/22/2024 09:25 (#10783205)
Subject: Entry level strip till

North Central MN
Looking at options for making a spring strip machine. Looking to apply a 150-200# dry blend 5-6" slightly offset of middle of the row and 10-15gal banded liquid mix 2x2x3.
Looking to find a vertical fold 30' bar 2 pt. Plant with 1770 12R 30". I'd like to add dual JD single disc fertilizer openers, some sort of mole knife to blow fertilizer, and fluff enough soil to have a couple inches of loose stuff to plant into.

I'd like to leave the fertilizer pass trashy and move the trash out of the way with the planter pass. 85% of my base/micro fertility needs are met with various cattle pack manures. Residue is removed returned as manure. Try to get about 15-20T across everything. I'd balance the additional needs with the strip pass and/or topdress/sidedress.

I've tried conceal, bandit, and JD single disc on the planter. Want the frustration pass done ahead of time. Brand or dealer support doesn't matter. Strip till is non existent here. They guys who have tried went back to VT and broadcast. Mostly due to the strips blowing out with heavy snow melt or heavy rains around planting time. Trying to plant under the residue instead of into a soup of manure, stalks, root balls, and rocks. I avoid soybeans like the plague so deal with lots of root balls and trash.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)