AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drainage experts ... Venturi Effect?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

k_m_coors
Posted 6/18/2024 20:59 (#10779370 - in reply to #10778677)
Subject: RE: Drainage experts ... Venturi Effect?

NW Ohio
How much fall in the drainage area to the road crossing? How much fall after the road crossing? 10-12’ across the entire thing my in my mind says bring it up and go over the water line and keep it out of the water in the creek as best you can, but I’m sure there is a reason it is that depth. Can you go under the water line? If I understand correctly, You said they lowered the water line 2’ to allow the plastic to go across, so there is depth in the ditch to go 2’ lower with the main…. If it’s a 12” waterline or less seems to me like that may be an option. Don’t short change yourself on outlet capacity, you can put all the tile you want in the ground, but if it can’t get away, it’s not going to do you any good.

Also, would the catch basins allow air to be sucked into the system rather than helping suck the water through the 15” tile? Or allow backed up water to come out and flow over road to the other side? That 12” clay has more capacity than a 12” single wall plastic, so dropping down to a 10” dual wall does not seem like a good idea to me.

A lot of questions and this is from a guy who tiles on flat ground, so not much experience on anything like this. I’ve got to go miles before I can talk about 10-12’ of elevation change! Haha!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)