AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone on here going to a PPO free bean program for crop safety? What is your program?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 6/18/2024 18:13 (#10779143 - in reply to #10779113)
Subject: RE: Anyone on here going to a PPO free bean program for crop safety? What is your program?

Central Nebraska

Yes and No......and the full story.  About 8-10 years ago I used a full rate of one of the Authority products right after planting.  I was excited to not have weed issues as I knew I was using a good product.  It also got activated with a good rain.  More rain and cold weather followed.  When my beans finally came up I had about 70-90k instead of 140k. I had done everything on label and worked with the manufacture's rep and came to an acceptable settlement.  I also told myself I'd never put a PPO down after planting again.  So for several years my PPOs went on 10-14 days before planting.  Several years ago I eliminated PPOs and started using Zidua.......and seemed to be spraying a lot more and a lot sooner.  This year I used a PPO again after planting.  It was cold and wet again but I have a good stand and weed control has been excellent.  Zidua is a good product but takes LOTS of water to activate.  I'm sure I'll use it again but PPOs will remain part of my toolbox.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)