AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coop service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WCGrad
Posted 6/12/2024 19:40 (#10772609 - in reply to #10771412)
Subject: RE: Coop service

WC Ohio
All depends on the upper management. Today is 365 days since I left being a branch manager over 2 locations at decent sized coop. When I left I was usually less than 2 days out on corn when the push was on and could get 3-4 days on beans. Had 2 guys spraying corn and 1 beans. This year they had 1 operator covering basically the same acres. There are still beans that aren’t burned off and they are all up. If it wasn’t for Enlist they would have been screwed. Thousands of acres didn’t get fertilizer with the burn down on corn.

I fought for my customers and made sure they were taken care of. If the upper management had there way I would have had one guy or more running to the south to “help them get caught up.”

Part of the reason I left was we couldn’t get help let alone good help. I knew I had 2 operators retiring and got them through their last spring and my current job just landed in my lap when the timing was right.

I get the frustration and I am going to guess the manager is frustrated he isn’t getting caught up either or he just doesn’t care.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)