AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JB Gruver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jbgruver
Posted 6/11/2024 09:08 (#10770952 - in reply to #10770624)
Subject: RE: Link to some pics that I took this afternoon

Hi Paul,

we drilled our no-till soybeans this year for a couple reasons but primarily because the neighbor's 750 drill was available over a week before his planter.

Other reasons include:

we had plenty of soil moisture and thus weren't concerned about the drill placing the seed at less consistent depth than a planter.
also, I am very familiar with operating the 750 drill whereas the neighbor's new high speed planter has lots of bells and whistles :)

The okra is a seed crop for Thresh Seed. We transplanted some into rolled peas and some into tilled soil. The peas are still hanging on and the okra has grown less in the pea mulch. I am thinking about direct seeding some more okra later this week.

Our corn is nearly all off to a good start.

I took out a little corn when one rotary hoe wheel locked up, autosteer had a few minor issues and the twin row planting had a few hiccups... we created the twin rows by double planting. My goal was for the twin rows to be 4" apart but sometimes they were closer... when too close the planter "sensed" that a row had already been planted and turned off the twin rows :(

I will post some more/better pics soon.

Joel
WIU Agriculture

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)