AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Herbicide drift on Alfalfa - Also posted in Stock talk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 6/9/2024 08:09 (#10768860 - in reply to #10768769)
Subject: RE: Herbicide drift on Alfalfa - Also posted in Stock talk

Fontanelle, IA
Joe@RFDG - 6/9/2024 05:55

Mark (EC,IN) - 6/8/2024 18:04

These are just my thoughts and worth what you paid.

But the wind blows every day anymore, it was not like that 10-20 years ago.

There has been exactly 1 calm day in the last 20 here. When I say calm I mean below 10 mph at noon. All of our fruit spraying has been done at night or we would have never got our fungicides on. Soybean pre was iffy and I am planning on 4 days out for a decent day to post corn but it ain’t looking so good. Probably going to have to be a 3-9 am job and pack it up mid morning and spread of let a couple of days.

Coops don’t run at night which is part of the problem. They just “send it”.

Running at night requires a whole new step change in situational awareness for applicators which requires a significant familiarity with fields and ground conditions and where your equipment is at in relation to the chit mud holes and drainage ditches and power lines. Refer to JD spreader that ramped a ditch in the dakotas, Canada air seeder tangled in transmission tower, and a whole host of 2019 planters and sprayers stuck in IL and IN during the spring of Hell

If I had fruit trees, I wouldn’t want any “send it” guys spraying into inversions with all growth regulators during the night.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)