AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Humic Acid
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ry0972
Posted 6/8/2024 10:34 (#10767818 - in reply to #10767370)
Subject: RE: Humic Acid

central sask
I am hoping to try a few products on areas that used to grow a crop but since the wet years from 2006 thru 2016 now only grow a plant here and there and maybe a carpet of kochia!!!
These are not white alkali flats like i have that have been there for ever in some other parts of the field.
I plan on getting some soil samples and having them analyzed to figure out what product will be most effective.
I bought a near new spin spreader so I can apply Humic, gypsum and maybe lime as well as use it for putting out sulfur etc.
Custom floating costs $8 to $11 an acre here depending on rate and product, so the spreader purchase will be covered in a couple years.
And I can really put down high rates in some areas and also just drive around and hit spots that I remember used to grow decent crops 20 years ago.
I also use ATP Precede on all canola and pulse seed and if moisture on cereals as well.
I am looking into other in furrow products like Alpine as well as foliar products to try and get some of these areas to produce again.
At $3000 and acre I would rather make my current land base more productive/profitable than buy more!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)