AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling Rebalers: Loose Hay and a Stautmann Forage Wagon... Would it Work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BondoBuilder
Posted 6/6/2024 10:48 (#10765630 - in reply to #10765624)
Subject: RE: Calling Rebalers: Loose Hay and a Stautmann Forage Wagon... Would it Work?

Here's a clip of a farm baling piles of loose hay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YkqOFTfx1w&t=1s

I will say too, the facility in the video clip is out of reach, financially and space wise.

We use the old chicken houses for bale storage. Our main barn is 40'x175' with 14' ceilings. The rail mounted claw crane would be too heavy for the trusses, so that is out.

My thought is to invest in a forage pick up wagon. Dry the hay down in the field and use the pick up wagon to dump the hay in the barn and stationary bale. I would build a buck rake to push the loose hay to the stationary baling setup. One guy would feed the baler. (Each fall, we shake out and hand fork 500 +/- bales that get busted during unload) I would probably start with a man hand forking the hay in, but, if this idea works, hopefully advance to some mechanical conveyor. Bales would be immediately stacked on a semi or wagons, then brought to the barns for storage.

There are a number of manufacturers that make mechanical conveyors to get men away from the moving parts, that we could dump hay in using a claw style grapple, like the one below.

In the second video clip I posted, they are loading loose hay into a forage wagon, and discharging into the baler feeder housing, which is another idea.

When it is all said and done, I would really like to maximize time and labor efficiency... taking 30 days to bale less than 200 acres is somewhat agonizing, not to mention difficult to coordinate with day help to pick up bales.

Edited by BondoBuilder 6/6/2024 10:48

(IMG_7545 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_7545 (full).jpeg (64KB - 25 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)