AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early Planted Beans Growing Slow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

doathlon
Posted 6/2/2024 22:27 (#10761461 - in reply to #10760852)
Subject: RE: Early Planted Beans Growing Slow

emh1889 - 6/2/2024 15:11

Our first planted soybeans (planted last week of April) are all growing slower than usual. It’s multiple varieties, so can’t narrow it down to that. The beans are growing slow, and emergence is spotty as well. It’s worse in some sprayer overlap spots, and where the planter tractor and planter turned around causing some additional compaction/stress. This year seems worse than we’ve ever seen, and the young beans seem to have herbicide stress it looks like in the leaves. We’ve had it in the past, and wondering if it’s herbicide stress or something else because weather has been good this year. Plenty of moisture and heat between spraying and emergence, and since emergence. Beans have been emerged for 3 weeks and still very small. Pre emerge spray was 2oz valor, 4oz metribuzin, enlist and gly. Last years post emerge corn spray was atrazine, halex. We’ve used these herbicide programs for many years, is it possible to have carryover issues or what else can make beans so slow out of the gate with good weather? They’re starting to look better now, but still small and some that germinated and started pushing up just never made it above ground even though there’s no crust

I noticed this today and I know those fields had accuron then followed with accuron GT the year before and it was a dry year. I think the group 27 herbicide was still around in early April and hurt them at germination. The beans planted 3 weeks to a month later don't show the symptoms. Probably not what your Syngenta rep promoting Storen wants you to hear

Edited by doathlon 6/2/2024 22:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)