AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Burnt my beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 6/2/2024 07:25 (#10760190 - in reply to #10759609)
Subject: RE: Burnt my beans

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
Other than the look for a few days you probably in the end made your life better. I’m old enough and blessed to have grown up on a farm that sprayed their own acres, that I got to see what we did to soybeans in the 80’s and 90’s before roundup was a post bean product. Also got to run commercial rig when roundup became a post grass only chemical here and the witches brews we were spraying to kill waterhemp before dumbcamba beans released.

Unless the beans are dropping leaves they will be fine. Unlike the scenarios above where the stress came during more of the blooming time table…..you stressed them in my favorite window of growth stages…..make sure you report back…..the worst looking field of beans sprayed in my career was actual with cadet. The wrong surfactant was used and the field was a dingy gray for way longer than I thought beans could stay sick…..was only one batch so they told farmer they would weigh wagon the beans and pay damages…..the farmer didn’t offer to buy the retailer a steak dinner…but mix hurt nothing in the end….
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)