AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liberty experts update.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SimpleJoe
Posted 6/1/2024 14:14 (#10759384 - in reply to #10759289)
Subject: RE: Liberty experts

NW Illinois
I had two 4830’s at my former retail company. Basically twins except one was on 15” centers and one was on 20” centers. The company mandated a standard 13 gpa carrier rate for uniformity across multiple locations. This combined with a difference in operators preferred running speed made the machines have different nozzles. 20” ran 05’s, but drove slower than the 15” machine by a couple mph. 15” had 04’s. 20” machine normally averaged about 60 psi and 15” was closer to 40. Company mandated we run Hypro ULD tips for drift control and all post applications were mandated to have Interlock in them every time.
When spraying volunteer corn with Select, especially once it got some size, I could drive past customers fields and tell you which machine had sprayed it. The lower pressure 4830 wouldn’t cover the plant as well. It was so noticeable that I could even tell you which direction the sprayer was running when it covered it because one side of the plant would be dead and the other would still have green growing.
Since Liberty is even more finicky with grasses the Select, I still see coverage issues here not completely killing the plant. Neither Select or Liberty move in the plant, so unless you kill every leave completely new growth starts again. Plants maybe be stunted and ugly, but not dead.
Chem reps used to tell us it was because growing point wasn’t out of the ground yet with Liberty, but for my location it was more about coverage I believe.

Edited by SimpleJoe 6/1/2024 14:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)