AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My first “will they make it”
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Larry_minn
Posted 5/29/2024 01:03 (#10755123 - in reply to #10754674)
Subject: RE: My first “will they make it”

WAYNE0224 - 5/29/2024 15:55

I just did. I find it almost amazing. Facts like a 10% stand reduction in the test plot...and a 22% reduction in canopy!!!! Do not translate to a yield loss? They groomed the garden by hoeing the soil and removing weeds....In my situation the agronimist tells us that the weed residue (cereal rye) was holding the sulfrentazone , and releasing (splashing ) onto the soys as the growing season progressed.. This university study is irrelevant in a notil situation, and the outcome is based on row cultivation practices with conventional tillage. Thanks for the link, but their trial is flawed

You are correct factors can affect results. Or would it be effect? Crops react differently for conditions, variety, practice, weather.
I recall study I saw a few states of. Corn. Hailed on by forceful ice machine, other corn cut with lawn mower low to ground at knee high stage iirc. Good ground, growing season, water. It was barely recordable yield loss over undamaged same corn. Just slightly higher moisture. It shocked me how little harm mowing it down did if conditions rest of year good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)