AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cleaning Laudis out of sprayer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/28/2024 21:41 (#10754983 - in reply to #10754657)
Subject: RE: Cleaning Laudis out of sprayer?

Leesburg, Ohio
I guess the simple answer is plan ahead.
Wind speeds here tend to change gradually. At most, it takes me two hours to spray a load. Probably not going to be drastically different during that two hours than it is at the beginning.
I look at the present speed, and the forecast speeds for the day. If it looks like the wind speed is going to pick up, i either don't load, or plan my loads according to what I can get done. That always applies, whether its about wind speed, rain coming in, or other personal timing issues.
Planning ahead is half the job.
Planning ahead also means figuring out where to go with a full load before i load it. I almost never load partial loads.
I don't always come out even finishing a field at the end of a full load, but I always have a plan where i will go next to finish the load. Some smaller fields close to home I might be in three or four times during one spray cycle, spraying a few acres at a time, using the rest of a load up at the end of a day and rinsing out.

Maybe I'm just extremely lucky, but so far I have never had the wind problem you mention....doesn't mean something won't happen tho, right?
Breakdowns, rainouts...

I have been rained out on a load on occasion...got a little too optimistic on my timing...flushed the booms out with clean rinse tank water on the field I was in, in the rain...started up the spray pump and agitated every few hours for a day or so until i could get the load off.
I also admit I have finished a load some time back in the pouring rain....I have learned to quit before loading that last load I used to think I could squeeze in before the storm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)