AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

True armyworm…
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 5/28/2024 20:10 (#10754863)
Subject: True armyworm…

East Central Ia
After 10+ years of cover crop I finally got my first real experience with True Armyworm. We have had them before but they never did any damage worth treating.

They absolutely hammered my trial field of Non GMO!

I am not sure entirely when they came in as we were side tracked this past week cleaning the shop and preparing for my son’s graduation party.

I have a 100ac field with 5 different varieties. Four from one company and the other is Pioneer 1185.

My plan was to add an insecticide on my early (ve-v2) post spray pass. With the way this springs rains and wind have been dragging everything out, the field is at around V3 atm.

Four of the varieties are from one company with a very basic seed treatment. I am not exactly sure what was on it, I placed a call to the guy I bought it from but have not heard back yet.

The other is Pioneer with LumGEN seed treatment. They list Lumivia as having control of Fall Armyworm… but it obviously controls True Armyworm as well.

The 20 acs of Pioneer is virtually untouched. You can find a few chewed leaves at the edge next to the other brand but the other 80 acs of a different brand is about 99% gone. By gone I mean virtually all vegetative growth above ground is GONE! There is one picture below where I had to dig down an inch so you could see the corn that was chewed down to the ground. This is how almost all of the field looks.

All of the seeds are there… the spacing is near perfect and you can look really close or dig everywhere a seed should be and find them.

Edited by bleedred 5/28/2024 20:23

(IMG_4872 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_4873 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_4875 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_4882 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_4885 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_4881 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_4888 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_4878 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4872 (full).jpeg (412KB - 182 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4873 (full).jpeg (279KB - 177 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4875 (full).jpeg (205KB - 180 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4882 (full).jpeg (245KB - 200 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4885 (full).jpeg (492KB - 184 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4881 (full).jpeg (264KB - 176 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4888 (full).jpeg (403KB - 180 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4878 (full).jpeg (171KB - 189 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)