AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who’s growing 4 bale cotton?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 5/27/2024 14:19 (#10753412 - in reply to #10753386)
Subject: RE: Who’s growing 4 bale cotton?

Texas
Days above 100 are our nemesis. I made 700 last year though late planted and with 3 gallons per acre in horrible conditions.

I like stance myself if things aren’t too out of hand growth wise. Mepiquat price point always has me on it though.
The new pentia sounds good, but a friend of mine ran it last year and he said it didn’t work anywhere like the old pentia. May have just been his environment though. He has experience with it 100 miles away our cotton is a lot more growthy than up on the cap. I’ll probably do something for bugs every 2 weeks to try and make the bill load pix it for me.

I usually pump something anytime the pivot runs. But it’s been more of a I have this and that laying around than being specific. I know I’ll need zinc and boron, possibly copper. I plan to do tissue sampling to make that call this time.

The 332 has been good here, I’ve not seen the 400 besides plots. I really like 350 and how it aggressively loads. My stand isn’t near as good in 332 as 400 though, I had it 1.25” and it rained on it and sunk it to 2”. I may have been a day late with rotary hoe and torn some out we had been out of town all weekend. I didn’t want it pushing at all being so deep. I needed 24D since guys are still spraying pastures all around. I won’t be spraying enlist on it though, I’ve never seen anyone use it here and not hurt a neighbor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)