AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who’s growing 4 bale cotton?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 5/27/2024 11:23 (#10753214)
Subject: Who’s growing 4 bale cotton?

Texas
If you’re consistently growing 3-4 bale cotton what’s your recepie?

I hav an irrigated farm I got in early behind grazed out wheat. Landlord had to rework the wells and I have about 5 gallons an acre now looks like.

May 15 plant date (very early for here so I have until November 15 for frost) 40k pop.
I ran a field cultivator and plowed in 250# 28-14-7-3 impregnated with a quart of prowl h20 wheat was fertilized heavy too. Sandy loam P tests low Olson, but high m3 , k tests sufficient, but ratio is a little low. I will top dress through the pivot probably 28-0-0-5 and humic acid.
It’s first true leaf today. A couple days ago I sprayed 1/2# acephate and some snake oil and Kendall with my roundup and a quart of warrant for some grasshoppers that are in the neighbors grass and thrips that may show up.
I’ll have to be back in a couple weeks with more roundup and some dual for nutsedge, I usually run more insecticide and some Pgr at that time.

I have not had much water in the past and weather has been bad. I’ve been planting about June 7 behind wheat harvested previously so I’m really looking to get my yield up this time with a good plant date and more water. Soil profile is full today and we’re supposed to get about an inch starting tomorrow. So I think I’ll wait until pin head to start irrigating.

What are you doing? What are some tricks you use.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)