AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying some 30" row beans this year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

deereman7
Posted 5/27/2024 05:48 (#10752835)
Subject: Trying some 30" row beans this year

Central Indiana
Really getting tired of waiting on good conditions to plant beans in no till. It's always wet against the corn stalks. Short of working stalks in the fall with vt or heavy disc, I decided to try no till 30". Here between the in between the bulks it was dry first week of April for me to try few hundred ac. It was a real pleasure not having to deal with the trash, or wet dirt. I had neighbors that did plant 15 at the same time, but they don't look the best. Worst part it was wet till the 24 of April before I got back in to plant 15's. Question I have is what type of 2x2 fert will show positive roi? I ran quart of boron, 2 gal 10-34-0, I would had run ats, but had ams applied. Very happy with the growth of them so far. They are 4" taller than neighbors beans. But will that height/10/34/0 just be a show to make them look better? Waste of money? Or if I plan on 30 again next year use few gal ats for a little n boost? For the guys that do 30" row beans, what do you use? Ill mention 15" row beans I normally vrt around 140k, 30 was 95k. I know my timing on herbicide will be most important. If I have to spray again, I will lose the money I saved on seed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)