AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tennessee weather!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 5/18/2024 21:46 (#10744251 - in reply to #10743736)
Subject: RE: Tennessee weather!

Ludington/Manistee MI area

We were off to a GREAT start could go just about anywhere but it was borderline too early.   I planted 45 acres of oats some looks good some will see the disc next.  3 weeks ago tonight the switch flip and we were out of the field 17 days.  Wife had surgeries April 29th and May 13th so that didn’t help progress.   I was out planting alfalfa yesterday after work when wife texted a cow is having problems calving ended up chasing it through the shin deep slop to lasso her and pull calf.  Messed around with the calf after finishing alfalfa and decided cow isn’t nursing it and it fights with a bottle so had to tube it. The chemical plant I work in normally has a maintenance shutdown mid April but since DTE decided to pig the gasline feeding us and the congen plant we get steam from our shutdown started mid May so instead of getting the must do things done and leaving early to plant I’m working over instead.   Took 11 days to get glass put in my planting tractor door.  

Last Sunday uncle decided to spread fertilizer on some low hay ground. He got stuck,  I got our loader tractor stuck trying to pull him out, messed up the driveshaft doing that, got another tractor stuck trying to get them out, ended up bringing an articulated tractor over to drag stuff out didn’t help finish 8 miles away.  

Edited by Tomcat 5/18/2024 21:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)