AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Turnpath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/14/2024 10:36 (#10739583 - in reply to #10737552)
Subject: Recent observations

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As mentioned above, we use TurnPath on our InCommand 1200 with SteerCommand Z2, and Ag Leader GPS 7500 with Terra Steer Pro C for planting. The majority of our fields are rectangular so the Headland turn around shapes and distances would be similar from one field to the next. This has been working well.

Last Night my Great Nephew planted a field that borders a small lake so the Headlands follow the edge of the lake. I hadn't really thought about it but he said he just assumed that he would need to make those turns manually since the shape of the turns vary along the tree line.

He had made an accurate Boundary earlier this Spring due to our unusually open Winter. He was surprised and pleased to find that TurnPath handled those turns very well and the turn shape presented on the screen varied as necessary to fit the situation. He does plant 48 end rows with our 24 row planter but some of those turns along the lake are quite sharp. Apparently TurnPath handled the situation well.

Fortunately we have not experienced the GPS problems that others have reported. Both the CFX-750 on WAAS in the tillage tractor and the SteerCommand Z2 with Terra Star Pro C in the planting tractor worked properly. I believe this was due to the timing of our operations and location rather than the brand of equipment.

Edited by tedbear 5/14/2024 10:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)