AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intuicom Bridge-x not receiving GPS location
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 5/12/2024 23:01 (#10738226)
Subject: Intuicom Bridge-x not receiving GPS location

Paxton, IL
A have a pair of identical systems each using an intuicom bridge-x to connect to the Case IH RTK+ service for RTK with an FM1000 display.

Yesterday I tried hopped in our second planter tractor which hasn’t run yet this season, and couldn’t get an RTK fix. At first I blamed it on the geomagnetic activity currently messing with GPS, even though every other GPS system, including the second identical system, was working fine at the time.

Today I still couldn’t get it to work, even though the NOAA space weather forecast showed everything clear during the day today. I looked into it some more and found that the modem wasn’t receiving a GPS location. I’m using the included combination antenna intuicom sent with the modem for both cellular and GPS signal. I had a spare antenna and tried that, but it made no difference. Reflashed the current firmware on the modem, which made no difference either.

Later tonight I found a cheap garmin bluetooth gps receiver I had, changed the profile to receive gps over Bluetooth, and then everything started working perfectly.

This modem was brand new a year ago after I had to replace one due to other issues. Is there anything other than hardware issue in the modem that could cause this? I suppose it’s still very possible it’s all related to solar activity, but I find it odd that everything else around works, and the cheap garmin works fine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)