AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need to move to some fall fertilizer rather then all spring… need advice on sulfur
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kgbarnett22
Posted 5/11/2024 14:09 (#10736901 - in reply to #10732897)
Subject: RE: I need to move to some fall fertilizer rather then all spring… need advice on sulfur

NE Indiana
They should be available somewhere from Purdue. That is who I was working for. Not sure if they have a website with all of their research data or not. I haven't worked there for a few years so not sure if they are still doing those trials or not. I remember seeing some data from one of their sand fields and the yield increase was enormous. The location I worked at was heavier ground, so the yield response wasn't huge, but it was consistent. Only other sulfur source those fields would have gotten in years prior to the research would have been ATS in the corn starter and side dress. We never spread any AMS as a fertilizer source until those trials started. Interestingly enough the sulfur trials we ran on corn never showed much difference. I think soybeans just need more sulfur early in the growth stages and the soils just don't mineralize enough early for early planted soybeans (probably the same reason elemental never showed a yield response as it just takes too long to become available.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)