AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop insurance, planting day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WCMO SFForum
Posted 5/10/2024 14:25 (#10735741 - in reply to #10729181)
Subject: RE: Crop insurance, planting day

West Central Missouri
Not disagreeing with you.

Being a farmer, and having been a crop insurance adjuster for over 25 years, and a crop insurance agent back in early 1980s -- When it comes to crop insurance, what crop insurance says can sometimes/often over-rule what FSA says, the rules are somewhat coordinated but sometimes written by different groups of people.

I always recommend that we report our own information directly to FSA and for crop insurance, but match up the information as much as accurately possible between the two. Many folks report to FSA and then the crop agent uses the FSA info, sometimes/often without further review from the customer -- that's how uncaught mistakes are made. Errors by FSA and errors by your agent are often correctable, but not always, and sometimes/usually only if you can prove who made the error. Always more likely to be able to correct an error at reporting time than later if you have an insurance claim.

I've seen replant claims and prevented planting claims denied due to 1-day difference (or error) in reported dates planted, same for guarantee reductions.

Local FSA also says to report your replant date if you replanted. The initial plant date remains important, but if you reported the replant date to FSA they enter it as the initial plant date. That causes problems on crop insurance, whether or not you turned in a replant claim. If this happens to you, be sure to note BOTH dates on your annual maps at FSA when you report to FSA. My own recommendation is to ignore your replant date when reporting to FSA, they don't need to know, do they?

Edited by WCMO SFForum 5/10/2024 14:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)