AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If your ever on the fence about wind turbines...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TJWeber
Posted 5/10/2024 13:53 (#10735714 - in reply to #10734750)
Subject: RE: If your ever on the fence about wind turbines...

WC MN
Green Acres Guy - 5/9/2024 16:49

The setbacks apply to existing homes. What happens if when/if you want to build a new home or buildings on your own property. It is not safe to build closer than the 1400 feet to a turbine because of throwing ice, shadow flicker, noise.

A turbines on a neighbors property certainly affects your property in some way. As does a subdivision, or a factory. Agricultural zoned areas should stay agricultural in use. Wind turbines, solar, are just forms of urban sprawl destroying our farmland we should be stewards of for a buck.

No reason to call someone ignorant and uneducated. People (yourself) that think they are the smartest usually have a lot to learn.

I'm sorry you took this as me calling him ignorant an uneducated - when I said his response appeared to be out of anger. While I do not feel I am the smartest, I tend to do some research and have a pretty good handle on what I state before stating it. I have provided you the statute from SD as well as the link to the resource.

43-13-24. Large wind energy system set back requirement--Exception.

Each wind turbine tower of a large wind energy system shall be set back at least five hundred feet or 1.1 times the height of the tower, whichever distance is greater, from any surrounding property line. However, if the owner of the wind turbine tower has a written agreement with an adjacent land owner allowing the placement of the tower closer to the property line, the tower may be placed closer to the property line shared with that adjacent land owner.

Source: SL 2009, ch 221, ยง 4.

https://sdlegislature.gov/Statutes/43-13-24

No company can tell you what you can or cannot do on your land if you do not sign the easement. The company needs to adjust their plans including transmission lines, set back requirements and risks associated with a non cooperating adjacent landowner. By you not signing the easement you could very well alter the likelihood of a tower not being put on your neighbor's property.

You're correct that it may not be safe to build a building, home, etc due to the items you have stated. But it is still in your right and your choice to choose to do so. If you do not sign an easement, it is still YOUR choice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)