AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excel workbook for pesticide application records
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mark in NEMO
Posted 5/9/2024 13:27 (#10734576)
Subject: Excel workbook for pesticide application records

Northeast Missouri
I have hired my spraying done for the past 15+ years, then took over the job again myself this year--partly for timing and flexibility reasons.

My field recordkeeping system doesn't really support application records--keeping them there would be more like writing notes in a diary. So I needed a better system.

Paper records for meeting state/federal pesticide application recordkeeping requirements look like a lot of work and a lot of handwriting. Heck, we all have computers, so why go backwards? It's been rainy here for the past couple weeks, so I've found time to put together my own system in Excel. If you have a comprehensive field & application record system you won't care about mine. But if you'd like a simple system which, besides records, lets you calculate per-acre and per-field costs for your different herbicide programs, prepare batch mix tickets, input purchase planning, etc., you might like this one.

I've posted the workbook file on MCreekAg.com as a free download available to everyone. Here's a link to the download page: https://www.mcreekag.com/downloads.html

The workbook has three tabs: one for records, one for setup data, and one for instructions. You set up applicators, farms, and products in tables on the Reference Data tab, then add records on the Records tab by selecting from drop-down lists (light green cells) and entering per-acre rates, etc. (white cells)--with minimal typing. I've also set up a couple buttons which invoke macros to add new records without having to Copy/Paste the "master" (template) record.

I'm using the workbook for my own records, but if you try it and find bugs/problems please let me know so I can fix them...so the "public" version will work for most people.

Here's are partial screenshots of a record, setup data tables, and using two adjacent records for separate batches applied to the same field.

Edited by Mark in NEMO 5/9/2024 13:32

(pestrecord1 (full).jpg)

(pestrecrefdata2 (full).jpg)

(pestrecord2batches (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pestrecord1 (full).jpg (66KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments pestrecrefdata2 (full).jpg (102KB - 51 downloads)
Attachments pestrecord2batches (full).jpg (89KB - 59 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)