AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If your ever on the fence about wind turbines...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 5/8/2024 23:11 (#10733940 - in reply to #10729121)
Subject: RE: If your ever on the fence about wind turbines...

I looks like a cow lot. How many cows could you run on that amount of land and how much return would those cows give compared to the wind payment? You don't have to feed the windmill every day or worry about death loss or vet bills. Sure the red flashing light is there, but the noisy mooing and smell is not (of course I kind of like the smell of cow manure, but then again some people think the lights are pretty). Just think what it would cost to clean up a concrete feed lot so you could farm it again some day and how much yield loss you will have after you bury that feed floor. I bet a lot of guys can still show you on satellite maps where the old silo sat even after it has been buried and farmed over for years. I'm just thinking about some of the same arguments against windmills being used against feedlots or pork or turkey barns. We live in an area where there are a lot of city people moving into rural areas and we are actually hearing a lot of those arguments from neighbors about livestock facilities.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)