AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need to move to some fall fertilizer rather then all spring… need advice on sulfur
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 5/8/2024 19:15 (#10733601 - in reply to #10732917)
Subject: RE: I need to move to some fall fertilizer rather then all spring… need advice on sulfur

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
Pvafarm - 5/8/2024 07:27

You know Ed, you're a knowledgeable guy but your posts are seldom helpful. How about for a change you share that knowledge and tell us what you mean? What does grain trader know and what is the best source/best yield response?

For me the answer is Elemental Sulfur, Fall applied hands down to provide season long S on my soils. After a couple decades of "trying" other sources and timing it comes down to Elemental eliminates S deficiency here. Early spring broadcast of ams can disappear with heavy rain events, we've done fall gypsum at 1000 lbs only to see S deficiency on V3 corn after heavy spring rains, etc. Also being all notill the last thing I want is a heavy spreader on my fields in spring. And when switching to an Elemental-S program I added 3-4 gpa of ATS to my planter N program in the first several years on corn. Recently moved away from that and don't see Spring S deficiency either.

Ed and I were talking about this subject last winter. He is responding directly to me. Ed’s advice is advise I trust and some of the advice making me not want to do the fall spreading.
So don’t take Ed’s post as arrogant or walking around the answer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)