AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need to move to some fall fertilizer rather then all spring… need advice on sulfur
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 5/8/2024 07:27 (#10732917 - in reply to #10732527)
Subject: RE: I need to move to some fall fertilizer rather then all spring… need advice on sulfur

Southeast WI
You know Ed, you're a knowledgeable guy but your posts are seldom helpful. How about for a change you share that knowledge and tell us what you mean? What does grain trader know and what is the best source/best yield response?

For me the answer is Elemental Sulfur, Fall applied hands down to provide season long S on my soils. After a couple decades of "trying" other sources and timing it comes down to Elemental eliminates S deficiency here. Early spring broadcast of ams can disappear with heavy rain events, we've done fall gypsum at 1000 lbs only to see S deficiency on V3 corn after heavy spring rains, etc. Also being all notill the last thing I want is a heavy spreader on my fields in spring. And when switching to an Elemental-S program I added 3-4 gpa of ATS to my planter N program in the first several years on corn. Recently moved away from that and don't see Spring S deficiency either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)