AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sidedress nitrogen blends
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cscolem
Posted 5/7/2024 08:58 (#10731701)
Subject: sidedress nitrogen blends

Hey guys, I need some help. This is my first year doing this and looking to lean on everyone else's knowledge so I don't end up making any mistakes like 1000 gallons of cottage cheese. We're constantly chasing boron and manganese on our tissue samples and the bandaid approach of a quart here and there of liquid isnt working and is not cost effective. This year I have a pallet of solubor and a pallet of manganese sulfate to do some trials with. I'm looking to add 4.5 lbs of solubor and 4.5 lbs of manganese sulfate to each acre and ydrop them on to each side of the row. (50 lb bag of each per load)

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get it into solution with my nitrogen? I use 24-0-0-5S and have plenty of agitation in my saddle tanks available. My current thought was to take a plastic 275 tote, dump the amount needed of solubor and Manganese for a load, and then put in an extra 5 gallons of water per acre. Would roughly be 60 gallons of water. Then with a pump agitate it violently and add it on top of the nitrogen. This would give me a total of 45 gallons per acre to apply.

My questions are will this work, how long will I have to apply it before something bad happens(if anything), and also will my aluminum nurse tank be a problem or will I have to use a poly nurse tank? I only ask about the aluminum nurse tank because I was told not to use 11-37-0 with that style nurse tank.

(IMG_5828 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_5828 (full).jpg (236KB - 65 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)