AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealing with building contractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 5/4/2024 10:17 (#10728330)
Subject: Dealing with building contractors

East Central Arkansas

So much the average person doesn't know and think about if he doesn't deal in this type of stuff regularly. Building should have been up just after the first of the year. Finally getting it up the last three days. Dealing with a fairly local guy that has done several buildings in our area. I though it would be him and his crew doing the work. Well it seems everyone has to be big shots now and have several projects going on all around the state.  So he has a non English speaking crew here doing the work. Nothing against them other than I don't speak their language and can't communicate very well with them. They do seem to know what they are doing and are getting the work done. It would be nice if the person I contracted would check by a couple times of day though. I shouldn't have to be around keeping a eye on things. First thing this mourning they started on putting the tin on the roof. I just happened to notice they weren't putting any sealing between the sheets. So asked crew chief and he said yes normally use that but wasn't any with the supplies. So he called contractor and he said yes he forgot come to his place and get it. It's just a equipment shed but it's something I have wanted since a young man. I really wanted a closed in shop but just couldn't swing that and have several things that need to be under a shed. Being retired from doing the actual row crop farming now my need for having to get certain projects done in cold bad weather shouldn't be as big of a concern now. Now I have to figure out how I am going to deal with the deep ruts in the yard where they shouldn't have driven the big heavy lift machine. I made the mistake of going in the house for just a few minutes. Only place in my yard I actually had good grass growing. At least I don't think they crushed my sewer line.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)