AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

insurance companies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Eric in ND
Posted 5/2/2024 15:32 (#10726357 - in reply to #10726292)
Subject: RE: insurance companies

North Dakota, USA
No problem, I did not take it personally. I just wanted to point out the reasons why things are changing the way they are and as fast as they are. Most companies are not just out to get you.

As far as the meeting goes, if you are with a mutual company they are required by law to have an annual meeting open to the public. That is where you would vote to change by-laws, elect board members, etc. If they did not offer a meal and door prizes, they most likely would not get the required quorum to hold a legal meeting. And yes, it costs money but in the long run and they might spend $500-$1000 on food and a few small prizes (unless you get better turns outs in your area). Saving that amount would not be a noticeable reduction to anyone's premiums. Around here, even with a meal and door prizes they are lucky if they get 20 people to show up.

Speaking of electing board members, have you ever considered serving on their board? It may be a real eye opener, especially in the market now. My thoughts on all of these local boards is that everyone should serve a few years on a few different boards, like the school board, township board, elevator board, county mutual, church council, rural fire district, etc., whichever ones float your boat. It tends to broaden one's perspective. But no one should be serve on any one board for over 10 years.

Thanks for the feedback,

Eric in ND

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)