AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Side by side I'd like to see from Becks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 4/27/2024 15:17 (#10720326 - in reply to #10719732)
Subject: RE: No need to worry about the wind then

Chebanse, IL.....

Deere6

I didn't miss your point. I understand...but that's OK. I watched vortices & wake turbulence for 25+ yrs from aircraft. I'm familiar how the aerial down force is equal to the amount of weight the wing is lifting. Hence as the load lightens, so does the "downdraft" (not aeronautical term). Also, the vortices & downdraft move with the wind, meaning a crosswind moves the pattern. The drones exhibit the same downforce patterns since the rotors are merely rotating wings. Though the vortices are not so noticable in drones, the x-wind still moves the pattern. I realize that all methods of aerial application are acceptable.

The downforce from aircraft wings is more pronounced at lower speeds, normally less than cruising speeds. Actually greatest at takeoff & landing speeds.

So, I understand all that. 

I've also watched the flow from ground rig tips push the crop canopy down due to pressure. Reduce the tip pressure and the canopy doesn't move as much. This is noticeable with a rate controller when you enter or leave the spray rows.

I assume you watched my attached video? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)